We’re going to break a lance for our heritage food and cooking with a 100% native breed, 100% ours. In USA we have many indigenous breeds in most of the cases go quite unnoticed, because they are breeds very local and in some cases it is not easy to find outside of their region of origin. To give you an idea, many of them are classified as breeds in danger of extinction. So we should encourage all of their consumption to that is not lost to us.
Today I’m going to use a race from soud, but I encourage you to try a breed native to your region if you do not have this to hand, either cow, sheep, goat, chicken, or pork.. and not only their meat, but also for its cheeses and sausages. Really, try products of these breeds, because they feed on in their natural environments, cared for by people who defend and protect their survival, cared for with affection in traditional holdings that continue to uses and ancestral customs, taking advantage of the natural resources of the areas where they are settled and this friends…. note.
We’re going to cook with the breed is a meat of extraordinary flavour and with a texture very tender, perfect for our recipe today. And no, to the surprise of some
The first thing to get the ingredients… it is very important not to give cat by hare when you look for a native breed, whatever, look for this seal in the trade where you buy the meat or if that was the case, the cheese. In home cooking we are in solidarity with this theme and as a show…. a button. (the cook as she says the last sentence points to a corner of the screen and appears from this time the logo overprinted during the rest of the recipe). I insist, look for merchants and products with the label 100% native breed, and not repent.
With this recipe, so simple and spectacular, we are helping our farmers and their associations, who are concerned about maintaining a living race, to have it a little easier. Let’s not let that get extinct and we seek out national products, of our breeds, 100% indigenous, with the logo that I have taught you. The recipe of today, we could have done with meat from Retinto or Avileo that maybe I sound, but also with meat, and many others that are in the catalogue of our indigenous breeds. Depending on where you live, you will sound more one or the other.
What is important, is that all us to deliver our granite of sand to preserve our breeds. If you want to search for a store, the easier it is to put on the website of the association of breeders of each breed and there is usually a list on where to sell their products.
Ingredients for 2 people
- Minced meat – 400 grams
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Fresh parsley
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Black pepper – 1 pinch
- Bread crumbs – 1 pinch
- Milk – 100 cl
- Wheat flour – for rolling
- Green pepper – 1 unit
- Onion – 1 unit
- White wine – 1 glass
- Tomato crushed – 2 tablespoons
How to make the recipe of Veal Meatballs
- The first thing to do will be to place our minced meat of Vea in a fountain of glass. Here we add the rest of ingredients and proceed to mix them.
- After you sink the garlic and the parsley and add it to the source along with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Stir everything with the help of a fork and sprinkle on the two tablespoons of bread crumbs.
- Beat an egg and add it to the meat, add a little milk and re-stir. Let it rest to get the flavor all the ingredients for about half an hour.
- Add to a dish, wheat flour, take a piece of meat from the source and carry it to the dish with flour. Rebozamos and give it the form of a meatball with his hand and let it rest on a plate. We will do this process until you finish with the meat.
- Once we have done the previous step, cut the pepper into small pieces. Peel and slice very chopped onion.
- We put the frying pan to heat and put a splash of olive oil, a couple of fingers, and when hot, add the meat balls we had reserved.
- When you pick color below, to give the back with the help of a fork, once made by the two sides aside in a casserole dish.
- In the same pan, remove some oil and make the sofrito: we heat and add the onion, bell pepper, and a pinch of salt. When you start to get transparent the onion, add the tomato. And when you have color, add the white wine and we climbed up the temperature.
- When it starts to boil remove it and add the sofrito to the pan of meatballs.
- Place the pan of meatballs into the fire, if we see that there is little sauce, add half a glass of wine and leave at least 20 minutes. And we will have ready our dish to eat hot with a good homemade sourdough and a rich red wine. Can I ask for more?
We hope you liked our recipe and above all, have in mind the use of indigenous breeds as well, between all of us we will help to protect our environment and to our farmers and local economy. That much quality and both contribute to our Country.
If you liked this recipe of Veal Meatballs Meat Recipes rate & share