Pudding or pudding tuna
This is the recipe for a rich cake of tuna and vegetables, a cake is a very healthy and nutritious, the interior of which conceals a spectacular mix of colors with which you’ll surprise your family and friends.
If you want to make your own bread I invite you to read our recipe for homemade bread mould with Tang Zhong.
Do not let yourselves be intimidated by the process of elaboration, since it is easier than it seems.
Ingredients for Pudding, or pudding of tuna for 4 people
- Bread – 11 slices
- Milk – 200ml
- Cream for cooking – 200ml
- Tuna fish in oil – 200 grams
- Broccoli – 200 grams
- Red bell pepper – 1/2 piece
- Onion – 1 piece
- Carrot – 1 piece
- Vegetable margarine
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Agar agar powder* – 2 teaspoons
- Brewers yeast – 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric – 1/4 teaspoon
- Herb salt – 1 teaspoon
How to make the Pudding recipe or pudding tuna
- The first thing we need to do is cut in pieces broccoli, and in strips, red pepper, and put them to steam for approximately 20 minutes or until tender. Reserve in a large bowl.
- We pass through the blender the drained tuna, the onion and the carrot. Sink into a fine paste and homogeneous.
- Sauté in a frying pan with a little oil, and keep stirring, the ingredients that we just chop. With 4 or 5 minutes, live fire, will be enough. Remove from heat and toss in the same bowl where we have the vegetables steamed.
- We take a mold of large metal and smeared its walls with margarine.
- We remove the crust of the bread pan and lined the inside of the mold. We need to put the pan on the bottom and on the sides of the mold, making a kind of formwork. We must pay attention to the bread paste to the margarine. If they are hollow, fill with pieces of bread.
- In a medium saucepan, put to heat the milk, cream, agar agar, turmeric and salt. When it starts to boil remove from heat and add the beer yeast. Beat a little with the whisk to dissolve the yeast and obtain a homogeneous mixture. If we are going to use gelatin instead of agar agar, we will put it in to soak, in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Add the gelatin to the pot nothing more to extinguish the fire and to remove.
- While it is still hot, pour the previous mixture in the bowl where we have the mixture of tuna, carrot and onion, and steamed vegetables. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the pan that we lined with bread. Cover the mixture with more bread so that it is well sealed.
- Bake, at 180 degrees, for half an hour.
- After baking, let the pudding cool down a bit before turn out and serve.
Notes and Tips
*If you want you can use gelatin instead of agar agar. Both agents are gelling agents that are used to give consistency to different preparations.
I suggest that you do other combinations with different vegetables, which will provide another internal aspect to the cake, as well as different fish or meats. In this recipe, as in all, is a matter of making use of our imagination and not be afraid of doing our tests.
If you liked this Pudding recipe or pudding tuna Fish Recipes.