The meatballs, is a dish that we usually associate with meat, like these meatballs, meat and food more or less heavy, but this can change elaborándolas fish-based, much lighter and easier to digest.
The recipe that I bring, is made based of hake, but I’ve also added a few crushed nuts that give a different touch and are also meatballs that are low in calories compared to meat. They are cooked in a sauce of tomato and carrot to make it even more juicy if it is.
I hope you like this recipe, remember that you can also prepare the meatballs in tomato sauce.
Ingredients for Meatballs of hake and nuts – Easy recipe for 4 people
- Hake – 700 grams
- Varied dried fruits: hazelnuts, lupins, nuts, and pine nuts (for example) – 50 grams
- Mashed potato powder – 10 grams
- Egg – 1 unit
- Bread – 1 slice
- Tomatoes – 5 units
- Carrots – 2 units
- Onion – 1 unit
- Cloves of garlic – 2 units
- Cava – 1 glass
- Oil and salt – 1 pinch
How to make the recipe for Meatballs of hake and nuts
- Cut the hake fillets into small pieces, introduce them into a bowl. Add egg, mashed potato powder, a pinch of salt and the bread is moistened. Mix it all with hands to get the ingredients to infuse completely.
- On the other hand, crush in the mortar dried fruits and nuts: hazelnuts, cashews, walnuts and pine nuts. Add to the bowl and stir.
- Once you have everything mixed, we began to give shape to the future dumplings. To do this, we take a portion of the bowl, the rounded and rebozamos with a little flour. Try to make all the fish balls more or less the same size to get a good aesthetic on the plate and also, so that all are cooked at the same time.
- In a saucepan, add enough oil to cover the meatballs, put to medium heat, once hot, we added them one at a time with a lot of care of not shredding. We will have approximately 2 minutes stirring, then remove them to the same that at the beginning, with much care and reserve in a plate with absorbent paper. Don’t worry if inside have been little arrows as after, when preparing the sauce, the give another boil.
- We proceed to prepare the sauce, chop the onion, the garlic and the carrot. In a pan anchan, add a drizzle of olive oil, the onion and the garlic and sauté, after about 10 minutes add the carrot and continue sautéing. After another 10 minutes we take a pinch of flour and the glass of sparkling wine, stir and turn up the fire until it begins to boil, at that point add the tomato previously we chop and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, then grind the whole mixture to get a sauce diluted.
- In a saucepan, turn the sauce and bring to the boil for a couple of minutes along with the meatballs. After this time, remove from fire and we will have lists to consume.
Som good tips:
The meatballs should stay golden and crispy on the outside, but soft on the inside, which, together with the nuts, will give you a special aroma.
Trick: In step 1, add the mashed potato powder to prevent the pieces of haddock crumble, in addition, by having a flavor almost neutral, will not bring more flavor to the dish.
If you don’t want to use hake or don’t have it in the shop, you can replace it with whiting.
Presentation of the dish: I advise that you present it on a white plate, add the meatballs together on one side and pour on the tomato sauce and carrots, then, in the excess of the dish, you can serve it with a stew of asparagus, French fries or a salad. If you liked this recipe for Meatballs of hake and nuts from Fish Recipes share with your friends